Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pretty Cool

So in my job we do a lot of cleaning. Most of the sites we clean are container storage areas that house hazardous waste. We clean these sites weekly. The reason why I'm wasting your time to read this is because we can't chase the Starlings out of these sites. Most people just call them Black Birds, but there real name is a Starling. They poop all over the place, and we have to scrub the floors with our mops forever to get the poop off. You can't disturb the wildlife at all on a federal facility, so we get stuck cleaning poop every spring during nesting season. There are two tension wires in every site and they love to sit on them and poop. Every Site we show up at has a nice x pattern of poop on the floor. On Friday morning I went out to feed my Chickens and the whole sky went dark as a huge flock of Starlings passed over my head. I covered my head with my arm and ran into my house. I was able to escape with out any hits, but I could hear them bombing all around me. It made me crack up because I had a Mission Buddy how told a story of a time when his sister was watching the birds. I guess she was hiding under a blanket, and he was teasing her. All of a sudden a crow flew right into their window and scared the crap out of both of them. Neither one dared to go out of the house to see if the bird was dead or alone? I don't remember how it ends but I still think it was funny.

No comments: