Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sick Day from Work?

Yesterday during the workout I could really feel some unpleasant burning in my lungs. It felt like they where bleeding, and like an idiot I kept on going and now today I feel horrible. I hate having any kind of cold because you can't really do anything about them until they pass. If you jam a finger or roll an ankle you just avoid those things that hurt them, but a cold effects everything you do. It's kind of a blessing in a way, because I was able to spend some time with my wife and boy's during breakfast that doesn't happen to often. Sawyer saw the snow and now doesn't want to be inside one bit, but he doesn't want to get dressed ether. Rocky loves pancakes and isn't afraid to fight to get the ones he wants. Sawyer is a little monkey he can climb on anything and it is pretty funny to she how his little brain figures out what needs to go where in order to get up where he wants. Hoser was sick last night and I was scared that it was parvo, but he's acting a lot better today and even tried chasing the cat for a while. Mindy was worried also about it, because we had lost a Lab when we first where married named June to parvo. It was not a nice experience to see a dog suffer like that. I gave Hoser a couple doses of pepto and he seems to be doing good. Stephanie my sister-in-law is in town for a couple days it was good to see her. Her and her husband Richard live in Texas. This last summer we went down and visited them, and they showed us a really good time. Probably the best vacation of my life. Not to get off the subject but one of my friends Mike Blackstone use to have a couple saying that really fit into life. (1) The lowest IQ in a group with suck out the rest of groups IQ, leaving them all with low IQ's. (2) The loss of one trained chimp doesn't stop the circus. (3) No good deed goes unpunished. This morning I had gotten up gave Hoser his med's, drove all the way down to my van pool (realized I was sick and drove home), and then went back to my bed to sleep. I had been asleep for a while and felt like staying that way and the phone rang. Mindy handed me the phone, it was my cousin Lindsey. This last weekend I had cleaned her car for her. It was kind of a gift for her because she's won all sorts of awards for softball and I've never seen her play. In trying to make up for it I told her I'd clean her car. So to tie it back into the story she is in the cold trying to clear her windows for school with no ice scraper. Yea I found it in my garage. The moral of the story is even though I tried to do a good deed, she ended up with no ice scraper, and I ended up getting woke up on my one morning to sleep in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Robbie. Just checking out your blog. Love the videos. It was good seeing you last week. Can you fly to Big D and detail my car for me? Merry Christmas! ~ Stephanie