Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hoser


As many people might know I have a Dog named Hoser. He isn't my first dog named this and maybe not my last? My first Hoser, aka Hoser 1, was a good dog I got him the day that we lost to east in the little league playoffs. I think I was 10 years old. He filled a early ticket to the promise land when he jumped from my brothers truck with his leash tied around his neck. My brothers truck still has the dent from where he kicked it upon finding Hoser 1 dead. Hoser 2 was a replacement bought by my brother. He also was a smart puppy and loved us all. When I was 14 years old my Dad had put me to work on a pipeline in Skull Valley. The line was a couple miles long and Hoser loved going out there with us. One day Bud jumped in my Dad's little truck to run to the Cargill Salt Plant for a needed tool or something, Hoser 2 chased him thinking it was my Dad. When my Dad yelled for him he turned from following Bud and crossed into the other lane where a speeding driver hit him head on. We had a service for him that night before we left and placed him on the Northeast side of the fourth telephone pole South of Teddy Bears. So this is my new Hoser he's a smart dog and has learned a lot of tricks already and is fun to have around. My other Pup Willy has long left me. My father-in-law retired a few months ago and Willy has been by his side ever since. I don't know if Hoser will replace Willy but they both will always hold a good spot in my heart. The video does not give Hoser the best credit for his tricks. It is understandable that the first time in front of the camera he was very excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do your kids obey as good as the dog?